LifeWorks launches iCBT program addressing healthcare worker burnout epidemic
New service available through LifeWorks iCBT
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- LifeWorks, a global leader in digital and in-person wellbeing solutions, today launched a new internet-based cognitive behavioural therapy (iCBT) program for healthcare workers dealing with burnout. This specialized program is available in Canada and the United States through LifeWorks iCBT, the company’s digital mental health platform. The program addresses the signs of burnout in healthcare workers and provides support as the world begins to move forward from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Combines self-paced, therapeutic exercises with confidential support from a licensed therapist to manage burnout symptoms and prevent further decline.
- Includes specialized content for healthcare workers, such as coping with compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, access to support issues and heightened stigma.
- Offers shorter wait times and greater access than traditional in-person therapy, but with the same clinical efficacy.
- Ensures 24/7 crisis support year-round through the app or website – available immediately after registrations.
- Complements other therapeutic modalities, such as short-term counselling available through employee and family assistance plans, and traditional in-person support.
Employers can add LifeWorks iCBT to their existing mental health support services.
Comments from Neil King, president, integrated health solutions and executive vice president, LifeWorks
“LifeWorks has always believed in the power of technology to make positive changes in people’s lives. Through LifeWorks iCBT’s digital platform, we’re able to reach a broader audience that is not restricted to geographies, allowing us to better support the growing need for timely and effective mental health support. Now with the employee burnout for healthcare workers program, we can bring that same accessible, evidence-based, and therapist-guided support to healthcare workers who have been especially hard hit by the effects of the pandemic and who already face unique challenges related to their profession and getting mental health support.”
LifeWorks is a world leader in providing digital and in-person solutions that support the total wellbeing of individuals. We deliver a personalized continuum of care that helps our clients improve the lives of their people and by doing so, improve their business.
ID-CAD, ID-CORP, ID-MH