LifeWorks Publishes 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance Report
Highlighting the “M” in ESG
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- LifeWorks, a leading provider of digital and in-person total wellbeing solutions, today released its 2021 environmental, social and governance (ESG) report. This report provides a transparent account of the Company’s ESG activities and an overview of its performance across key metrics.
2021 ESG achievement highlights
- Board of directors is one hundred per cent independent, except for the chief executive officer.
- Thirty-three per cent of the board members are women, exceeding the target set by LifeWorks and the 30% Club.
- Launched a supplier code of conduct to embed Company expectations and due diligence requirements for suppliers to LifeWorks.
- LifeWorks is leveraging its data to drive a pragmatic approach to measuring workplace mental health in ESG.
- Women make up 30 per cent of the executive leadership team.
- Continuing to demonstrate its commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as an employer and through the services it provides.
- The Company’s crisis hotline was opened 16 times to provide free trauma support.
- Commitment to align with the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures in 2024.
- Thirty-four per cent of employees are located in green buildings.
- Forty-eight per cent of waste was diverted from landfills through recycling.
The hidden “M” in ESG
Throughout the pandemic, workplace mental health has remained dire, which has accelerated awareness of the hidden “M” – or mental health – within ESG as a risk to businesses. The LifeWorks ESG report highlights the Company’s solutions and positive impacts on its clients’ mental health globally. This includes collaborating with organizations like One Mind at Work to ensure collaboration between business and research professionals in shaping the progress of mental health in ESG, as well as publishing the monthly Mental Health Index™ and the newly developed Workplace Strategy Index as resources to help organizations and individuals better understand their mental health needs.
Comments from president and chief executive officer, Stephen Liptrap
“Now more than ever, the mental health and wellbeing of employees is recognized as being as critical to business as sustainability, community and corporate governance. This report demonstrates to our shareholders that we remain committed to each aspect of ESG. This commitment is reflected in how we operate, and in our support to clients with ESG focused measures and services regarding workplace mental health and inclusivity. Our mission is to improve lives and improve business. I look forward to continuing this momentum in the year ahead and beyond.”
The 2021 environmental, social and governance report can be downloaded here.
LifeWorks is a world leader in providing digital and in-person solutions that support the total wellbeing of individuals. We deliver a personalized continuum of care that helps our clients improve the lives of their people and by doing so, improve their business.
ID-CAD, ID-CORP, ID-MH