Media Advisory - Morneau Shepell hosts annual event on workplace mental health
Employers Connect, held on January 28, 2014, aims to help business leaders improve health outcomes and performance
VANCOUVER, Jan. 22, 2014 /CNW/ - Mental health has a significant impact on both employees and employers across Canada in the form of substantial human and financial costs. Fortunately, with early identification and optimum mental health support, employees and employers can profit from better health outcomes and improved performance.
Morneau Shepell invites members of the media to attend its third annual Employers Connect event, a breakfast seminar where business leaders meet to candidly share their experiences and discuss the identification of, and solutions to mental health issues in the workplace. Join Morneau Shepell and its guests for a unique opportunity to hear firsthand how Canadian organizations are currently addressing this growing challenge, as stress levels continue to rise in within the Canadian workforce.
Vancouver Event Details
- What: Employers Connect breakfast seminar, Mental Health: The Impact on Your Business
- When: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, from 8:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Where: Fairmont Pacific Rim, 1038 Canada Place, Vancouver
Map & Directions
- Who: Employers Connect Vancouver will host a number of speakers, listed below.
- Alan Torrie, President and CEO of Morneau Shepell, who will highlight some of the innovative strategies and solutions Morneau Shepell has developed to help create psychologically healthy workplaces for their clients and their people.
- Andrea Wooles, Sport Science, Medicine and Innovation Manager, Cycling Canada, who will discuss the program her organization has put in place to remove the stigma around mental health and provide effective solutions for a mental health strategy in the competitive sport community.
- Dr. Cole Cohen, widely considered one of Canada's leading trainers and coaches in the area of workplace mental health.
Events are being held across the country in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax. To join the conversation online, tweet us @Morneau_Shepell #EmployersConnect #MentalHealth.
About Morneau Shepell's Workplace Mental Health Services and Expertise
Morneau Shepell has been a leader in workplace mental health for more than 30 years developing fulsome, innovative strategies and solutions that help management teams improve the productivity and performance of their organizations by creating psychologically healthy workplaces for their people. With mental health being the single most significant driver of disability absence cost, Morneau Shepell offers best-in-class Disability Management Solutions and is currently offering consulting services to support leading organizations implement the new National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace, introduced in 2013. Morneau Shepell is the Canadian or global first to market within a number of areas including, a Global Domestic Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a Global Expatriate EAP, Mental Health in the Workplace Training for Managers, Return-to-Work Facilitation and Workplace Harassment Solutions, among many others. Morneau Shepell offers end-to-end support to organizations in addressing the multi-faceted issue of workplace mental health.
About Morneau Shepell Inc.
Morneau Shepell is the largest company in Canada offering human resources consulting and outsourcing services. The Company is the leading provider of Employee and Family Assistance Programs, as well as the largest administrator of retirement and benefits plans. Through health and productivity, administrative, and retirement solutions, Morneau Shepell helps clients reduce costs, increase employee productivity, and improve their competitive position. Established in 1966, Morneau Shepell serves more than 8,000 clients, ranging from small businesses to some of the largest corporations and associations in North America. With approximately 3,300 employees in offices across North America, Morneau Shepell provides services to organizations across Canada, in the United States, and around the globe. Morneau Shepell is a publicly-traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: MSI). For more information, visit morneaushepell.com.
SOURCE Morneau Shepell Inc.