The Mental Health Index™ report: February 2022
March 17, 2022
Despite an improvement in February, the mental health of Canadians remains more than 10 points below the pre-2020 benchmark.
- The current score is -10.6, an improvement of nearly one point from January 2022.
- Most mental health sub-scores improved, however optimism and general psychological health declined from January to February 2022.
- The general psychological health of Canadians is at the lowest point in the last 23 months.
- Work productivity has the most significant improvement, reaching a high not seen since the launch of the Index.
- The strongest sub-score continues to be financial risk, representing an improvement in the level of emergency savings compared to 2019.
- Mental health scores improved significantly in Manitoba and Quebec. All provinces apart from Newfoundland and Labrador had improvements in mental health compared to January 2022.