The Mental Health Index™ report: July 2022
August 16, 2022
The mental health of working Canadians improves modestly in July 2022.
- At 65.0, the mental health of Canadians improved nearly one point from the prior month.
- 32% of Canadians have a high mental health risk, 44% have a moderate mental health risk, and 25% have a low mental health risk, an improvement over the prior month.
- All mental health sub-scores have improved from June to July 2022.
- Mental health scores declined in British Columbia, Alberta, and the Maritimes, while improvements were observed in all other provinces, with the greatest improvement in Quebec.
- The mental health score of managers has reverted to the trend observed throughout most of 2021 wherein the score is lower than that of non-managers and the national average.