The Real Retirement
Why You Could Be Better Off Than You Think and How to Make That Happen
Straight Talk and solid retirement advice for all Canadians
In the face of government changes, financial market volatility, and an aging workforce, Canadians are understandably concerned about the impact on their finances and their future retirement. This reassuring book debunks the generally-accepted claims about necessary savings rates, which can cause paranoia among those beginning to contemplate retirement. The authors offer greater insight into planning approaches that are not widely understood, demystifies retirement targets (age, savings, income), and outlines concrete approaches to maximizing retirement savings.
- Offers practical advice for dealing with the changes to Canada's retirement system
- Includes advice for calculating your Neutral Retirement Income Target
- Contains solid financial advice in accessible language
- Written by the Executive Chairman and Chief Actuary of Morneau Shepell Canada's national actuarial consulting firm
The Real Retirement offers a down-to-earth guide for preparing for comfortable retirement and shows what it takes to achieve it.
The Real Retirement: Why You Could Be Better Off Than You Think and How to Make That Happen is available in bookstores and online at Chapters-Indigo, Amazon.ca and Apple’s iBook store (available in English).
Related articles by Fred Vettese
- New book defuses perceived retirement crisis
- The good news about the 4% withdrawal rule is that it might be too low
- Morneau Shepell survey indicates most pension plan sponsors believe Canada is in a retirement crisis
- Fixing Canada’s retirement ‘crisis’: Seeing beyond risk
- RRSP GUIDE: Hold the retirement doom and gloom
- If you want to have a mortgage in retirement, be prepared to make some big sacrifices
- Is the 4% withdrawal rule out of date?